Monday, May 16, 2005

IOLA

Good weather by race time, a little nervous about racing singlespeed for the first time. Had a decent start, dropped off the lead group and settled into tempo quickly. First 2 laps were hard, Lenss, Salzman and Woodruff caught me, traded pulls for awhile. Laps 3 & 4 felt good, gassed it on the climbs and shook off the other guys, started seeing stars from pushing the fat gear i had on. Had Periso in my sights on the last lap but couldn't catch him. 10th place, nice way to start the year, reminded me why WORS kicks a$$. Jay took 2nd in Sport and Nate won the kids race. Tbone and Ry-Man had a tough time in their respective classes, but i think they'll adjust quickly. Thanks to Nichole's aunt Wendy for letting us stay over and preparing an awesome spaghetti dinner.

3 comments:

Jay said...

Again good job. Are you going to do the bone ride. I'm going to do it.

RonSta said...

I would like to but think i'll pass, don't want to get burned out this week. Might do CR on wed and try some different SS gearing. If i don't see ya, have fun.

Jay said...

No problem. You have to go faster then I do so you need the energy. Have a good one, see you Sat at the pre ride. We will be there around 2 I have to work in the morning.