Sunday, June 05, 2005

RAPIDS


pic: rusty Posted by Hello
I hate flat courses. Like usual i gun it on the start and blow my dumbass up on the first lap. By the second lap my legs are shot and i'm ready to quit. So i tell my dumbass "Look, you started like a dumbass now suffer the consequenses and grind this race out". Tons of people were passing me, it sucked. The third lap i rode with Jonathan Kay and felt a little better, the fourth lap i rode with Justin Salzmann and felt alot better. We thought we were home free but a pack of like 4 dudes snuck up on us as we were heading into the last section of singletrack, so i hammered out the last couple miles and held all but one of them off before the finish. Ended up 19th, which ain't great but is better than two flat tires. Good job to Jeremey for finishing a few spots ahead of me and in the money, again. Tony is steadily improving in Comp so good job to him too. Thanks to Tom and Wendy for letting us stay at their place again. I don't know how everyone else did but i hope it went well. Later.

4 comments:

mountaingoat said...

Nice work keeping it going out there! You got greek God status in my book.

RonSta said...

Don't sugarcoat my sorry ass, i rode poorly and salvaged what i could. You rode great and reaped the benefit$. Props.

Jay said...

Are you going to Stump this weekend for the 6 hour? I have to work so no go.

RonSta said...

Yes, i plan on to.