Wednesday, December 28, 2005

CRAPLOAD

Monday was a good day. While most were probably out at the stores returning gifts, i made my triumphant return to the bicycle. I slept in until 8, had breakfast then headed out for a nice 3 hour spin. Heading north i found a bunch of roads i hadn't taken before. With no big ring, or front brake for that matter, it was easy to keep things under control. Huh? Oh yeah, during my down time i took it upon myself try to repair a faulty Ultegra shifter by tearing into the shift mechanism, needless to say, i have a new shifter ordered. Regardless it felt good to ride again and all the funk and laziness that had built up over the past couple weeks melted away. Upon returning home i showered, ate lunch then took a nap before putting in a couple hours at the shop. Slacking is much sweeter after riding.

Yesterday T came over. He got the Off Road to Athens DVD for Christmas so we checked that out. I have to admit i don't really keep up on the national or international mountain bike scene but it was interesting to see what the top riders in the country had to go through to make the Olympic team 2 years ago. It also reinforced my complete lack of confidence in the self-perpetuating beauracracy that is USA Cycling. I recomendo.

Tonight i built my first wheelset under the instruction of Mr. Mark Purdy. Went pretty smooth. These are for my current project which i hope to be rolling in a couple weeks. Looks like a few rides going down this weekend, not sure what i'm gonna do yet. Have to see how the work/ankle/$$$ situation is.

6 comments:

mountaingoat said...

Back in the saddle.

Russell said...

Welcome back to the real world. See ya Saturday?

RonSta said...

Quite possibly.

bubba said...

Aerosmith...Pay me one spork!!

Oops....wrong blog...sorry.

Jay said...

Glad to hear that you are back on the saddle. We will have to get a ride in one of these Sat.

Jim G said...

I will keep my eye out for the hot chick in moonboots now that you are riding again.