Sunday, June 04, 2006

FROM BAD TO WORSE

Wausau's never been good to me, and this year would prove to be no exception. I sat back on the start and took it easy on the first lap knowing it would be a long grueling race. Second lap i still didn't feel too hot but settled into a steady pace with a couple other riders. Third lap started to feel better, hooked up with an IS Corp rider and we started working our way up through groups of other riders. By the fourth lap i was on. Caught Jeff Melcher and was riding with him when my 9-Mile luck would finally catch up with me. Somehow while climbing up the Ho Chi Min trail i flatted. The first CO2 malfunctioned, the second barely inflated enough to gingerly nurse it back to the finish. Meanwhile losing everything i gained, but i guess a DFL is better than a DNF. Thanks to everyone who hung out and cheered me on today. Thanks to Tbone for the ride up and to his parents Frank & Jackie for hosting us with a great spaghetti dinner at their fine establishment in Sugar Camp saturday night. A little WEMS action next week than up to Kewaunee. I like Kewaunee.

4 comments:

Coffee King (CK) said...

I really did not want to see you have a flat - bummer. Thanks for working with me to put a gap on my group. You will have better luck soon!

MTB Girl said...

You looked great out there. Too bad about the flat. You certainly were not alone in that aspect. . .saw a TON of flats & mecanicals coming out of there. . . .

Jay said...

To bad for the flat. Come back and maake up for that flat. You were looking strong until then.

Mitch Man said...

What dosn't kill us make us stronger.....your engine is strong.