Sunday, April 01, 2007

JITEN SHA 4.1

Woke up to a promising morning. 80 mile Whitewater loop on the fixed sounded like a plan. 1:15 in the weather threw a wrench in the plans. Facing a headwind induced stinging rain, it wasn't gonna happen today. Cut short, the tailwind was nice but also meant the rain would join me for the ride home. The dropping temps numbed my arms and brought peace to my decision. 40 is still better than nothing. It was a nice reminder Spring is here.


On a lighter note, my *lovely guide* from Japan, Akiko, sent me a bunch of pictures from the bicycle museum in Sakai City near Shimano. It just reopened today(yesterday) after remodeling. Anyone recognize any of these?




Arigato gozaimasu Akiko!

5 comments:

Carlos said...

I was thinking of going for a ride too, but got lazy and with the rain coming, I decided to stay nice and warm inside, now I read your blog and I feel bad.
Now I feel like I have to jump on the hamster wheel.

Russell said...

Bottom photo would be the bikes of Lance Armstrong, Andy Hampsten and Gianni Bugno when they won the TdF, Giro and Worlds respectively.

Not that I'm a bike geek or anything.

russell said...

Second from the bottom is an original Breezer Mountain Bike.

Not that I'm a bike geek or anything.

russell said...

Third from the bottom may be a "Quint" built by Schwinn that was used for promotions and for pacing racers during timed events on the track.

Not that I'm a bike geek or anything.

russell said...

Top photo is a collection of "Ordinaries".

I have no interest in anything called an Ordinary.