Wednesday, February 27, 2008

IT WAS SUCH A GOOD DAY..

Up at 6 to clear the walk of the predicted snow storm that wasn't. Taking full advantage of this weeks swing shift, I mounted the Bianchi for a few snow covered laps around the river, followed up with pancakes at the local spot, more coffee and even a little spackling(been slacking on that) before my mid day departure to the wonderful land of brakes, wheels and shocks. Work is work and at 8pm it was done. After a stop at Target to restock on pizza and italian soda, some fresh black ice in the driveway decided to knock my feet out from under me and split my elbow open on impact. Dammit! Hospital, registration, nurses, stitches, midnight, pizza, Finally! Irritably, the two bottles of strawberry pomengrate shattered and froze, leaving my driveway looking like a murder scene. Maybe tomorrow I'll put some police tape up for kicks. After I sleep in.

4 comments:

EXPO Racing said...

DAAAAAAMN!

Lie, and say it happened on the bike. One footed skid w/your other foot over the bars talking on your cell eat'n gelati.

Chris said...

Yeah, you definitely need a better story ... and don't cop to the pomegranite either!

Jim G said...

You should have drawn two little eyes and a nose on your arm to go with that happy smile. Nice.

Racerveza said...

Dang. Glad to see your sense of humor wasn't damaged.