Saturday, January 23, 2010

LAPHAM LOPPET

First time doing a ski race. Course was a modified black loop, a little longer than the usual- 12k?. Started with a prologue loop around the bottom of the hill and had an extra field section instead of subdivision hill. Started near the back, about 12th wave of 15-20 skiers. Dropped by the skaters right away but caught a strider from the wave ahead as we joined on to the regular course. Made time on the climbs passing people, some of them getting me back on the flats. Apparently classic isn't what all the cool kids are doing. Went back & forth with the other classic guy but I knew I was a minute up on him. Conditions were slow as it was like 40' and misting out but the grooming was great. Last 2 climbs I dropped the group I was with and bombed the decents then double pulled it clean into the finish. It was THE HARDEST I ever skied! Think I kind of held my own from where I started, ended up 6th out of 7 in age, the only classic but had a great time. Full results should be on Skinnyski.com later. Now off to Mayhem!

4 comments:

Jay said...

Good job Ron. Maybe see you tomorrow.

enduroloco said...

Nice work ronsta. XC ski racing is quite interesting.

Tim said...

Way to go Ron!

Ronsta, said...

Thanks guys!